Heane's Been Baking

Heane's Been Baking

Tuesday 4 February 2014

Anna Heane: Baking Queen

... well, sort of. In my house anyway! 

I'm Anna, a final year Modern Languages student studying at the University of Exeter in Devon baking for 5 hungry housemates! My biggest worry at the beginning of my final year? That my housemates wouldn't eat what I baked! Thankfully, that hasn't been a problem! I have promised each and every one of them a spectacular birthday cake, a lovely selfless act of kindness? Or simply an excuse for me to spend a day baking? I'd be lying if I said it wasn't the latter!

I have always loved baking. I used to spend a week at my Granny's house every year and we would bake flapjacks, bake well tarts, spongecakes and all sorts! We used to bake so much that until this day she is known as Granny Spongecake.

This year I want to tackle all the must-bakes! From doughnuts to macarons to pastries, all with help of my many Mary Berry cookbooks and everything I've learnt from avidly watching The Great British Bake-off! 

So, in the words of Mel and Sue... Ready, Set... BAKE! 



No comments:

Post a Comment